The Smart Energy Technology Showcase - Accessing International Expertise in Low Carbon Technologies
10th November 2011 - 9.30am – 3.30pm
Lancaster Environment Centre, Lancaster University, England
The Smart Energy Technology Showcase is a platform for smart energy knowledge and emerging technologies via academics from University College Dublin, Lancaster University and organisations from across North West Europe.
The event will provide an opportunity for delegates to hear the state-of-the-art research and technologies being developed by Dublin and Lancaster and ways in which they can become involved. Organisations will also be given the opportunity to give a two minute pitch to promote their company and potential research project ideas.
The aim of the showcase is to stimulate interest from organisations and research providers to initiate transnational collaborative projects, student consultancy and B2B alliances. A new transnational project, KARIM, has been set up between eight European partners to improve private sector access to high value innovation and technology support; members of the partner project teams will be present to start to build these relationships. Online viewing will be available for those unable to attend in person.
The KARIM project aims to improve SME access to high value innovation support and technology and make North West Europe more competitive. The economic crisis has resulted in some regions reducing their level of investment for innovation support and technology transfer and so this project aims to pilot a series of co-designed actions to better co-ordinate and optimise access to innovation support and technology across regions.
Being involved in the project could mean access to one or more of the following benefits:
• Market research for up to 100,000 SMEs - increasing market and technology opportunities and global competiveness
• Involvement in up to 300 transnational collaborative projects
• Access to training for up to 1500 SMEs (including the training session during this event)
• Assistance with the development of new products and processes
The project will:
• Create a 5% average increase in turnover by SMEs
• Raise more than €3 million in finance for collaborative activities beyond the life of the project
Registration and further information: